Big Dog Technologies, Inc. Acceptable Use Policy
Big Dog Technologies, Inc. and its affiliates provide to business and consumer users several information technology related services, including such services as Internet access, various electronic mail (e-mail) packages and services, World Wide Web hosting arrangements, server co-location and other online and Internet-related services.
It is contrary to Big Dog Technologies, Inc. policy for any user of any of these
services to effect or participate in any of the following activities through a
Big Dog Technologies, Inc.- provided service:
Big Dog Technologies, Inc. considers the above practices to constitute abuse of our service and of the recipients of such unsolicited mailings and/or postings, who often bear the expense. Therefore, these practices are prohibited by Big Dog Technologies, Inc.'s terms and conditions of service. Engaging in one or more of these practices will result in termination of the offender's account and/or access to Big Dog Technologies, Inc. services.
- To post ten (10) or more messages similar in content to Usenet or other newsgroups, forums, e-mail mailing lists or other similar groups or lists;
- To post to any Usenet or other newsgroup, forum, e-mail mailing list or other similar group or list articles which are off-topic according to the charter or other owner-published FAQ or description of the group or list;
- To send unsolicited e-mailings to more than twenty-five (25) e-mail users, if such unsolicited e-mailings could reasonably be expected to provoke complaints;
- To falsify user information provided to Big Dog Technologies, Inc. or to other users of the service in connection with use of an Big Dog Technologies, Inc. service; and
- To engage in any of the foregoing activities by using the service of another
provider, but channeling such activities through a Big Dog Technologies, Inc.
account, re-mailer, or otherwise through an Big Dog Technologies, Inc. service
or using a Big Dog Technologies, Inc. account as a mail-drop for responses
or otherwise using the services of another provider for the purpose of facilitating
the foregoing activities if such use of another party's service could reasonably
be expected to adversely affect an Big Dog Technologies, Inc. service.
- To use Big Dog Technologies, Inc. services for illegal activities and activities harmful to others computers, data, software or networks including but not limited to hacker activities, virus creation and distribution, denial of services attacks, e-mail bombs etc.
- To use Big Dog Technologies, Inc. services to post the following on the Internet
7.1. Copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other intellectual property infringement, including but not limited to offering pirated computer programs or links to such programs, serial or registration numbers for software programs, copyrighted music, copyrighted images; copyrighted texts etc.
7.2. Displaying material that exploits children under 18 years of age;
7.3. Displaying material containing nudity or pornographic material of any kind
7.4. Providing material that is offensive to the online community, including but not limited to profanity, bigotry, prejudice, racism, hatred, etc.
7.5. Promoting or providing information about illegal activities, promoting physical harm or injury against any group or individual, or promoting any act of cruelty to animals;
7.6. Defaming any person or group;
7.7. Promoting or soliciting for participation in multilevel marketing or pyramid schemes.
7.8. Gathering personally identifiable information for unlawful purposes.
In addition, Big Dog Technologies, Inc. reserves the right, where feasible, to implement technical mechanisms which block multiple postings as described above before they are forwarded or otherwise sent to their intended recipients.
In addition to these activities, Big Dog Technologies, Inc.'s terms and conditions of service also prohibit other forms of abuse such as harassment and the posting of illegal or unlawful materials, and Big Dog Technologies, Inc. will respond as appropriate to these other activities as well.
Nothing contained in this policy shall be construed to limit Big Dog Technologies, Inc.'s actions or remedies in any way with respect to any of the foregoing activities, and Big Dog Technologies, Inc. reserves the right to take any and all additional actions it may deem appropriate with respect to such activities, including without limitation taking action to recover the costs and expenses of identifying offenders and removing them from the Big Dog Technologies, Inc. service, and levying cancellation charges to cover Big Dog Technologies, Inc.'s costs in the event of disconnection of dedicated access for the causes outlined above. In addition, Big Dog Technologies, Inc. reserves at all times all rights and remedies available to it with respect to such activities at law or in equity.
If you have any questions regarding this Policy, please contact email@example.com.
Return to "Create a Dial Up Account"